As a cosmetic dentist in Highlands Ranch, Dr. Isaacs wants to assure patients that losing a tooth doesn’t mean the end of a great-looking smile. Each year, millions of people lose one or more teeth, usually due to tooth decay, gum disease, or an injury. While replacing a missing tooth once required the placement of a dental bridge or dentures, today dental implant technology makes it easier and more affordable than ever for Dr. Isaacs to restore a patient’s smile back to health.
Detailing Dental Implants
Dental implants act like replacement roots for teeth badly damaged by dental decay, disease, or injury. Implants offer a strong foundation for the placement of a dental crown or a larger replacement device, such as dentures or a bridge.
To place an implant, Dr. Isaacs with remove any remaining organic material and clean out the space in a patient’s smile that’s missing a tooth. The implant is then surgically implanted into the patient’s jawbone, and then given between two to three months to heal. During this time, the implant will bond to the natural bone structure of a patient’s jaw. Once fully healed, an implant will provide incredible support and stability for the placement of a replacement device, such as a crown, bridge, or dentures.
No replacement option comes closer to replicating a natural tooth than a dental implant capped with a crown. This makes implants the ideal solution for patients needing to replace a missing tooth.
The Many Advantages of Dental Implants
For patients wanting to repair the health of their smiles, dental implants offer a number of advantages that include:
- A more attractive smile. When capped with a dental crown, an implant perfectly imitates the look, function, and feel of a natural tooth. If your smile suffers due to one or more gaps, dental implants can provide you with the healthy, attractive looking smile you desire.
- Improved speech. Patients missing teeth or who wear ill-fitting dentures often experience problems with slurring or mumbling their words. With a dental implant, you will be able to freely speak without worrying that your dentures may slip or that you’ll have problems pronouncing certain words.
- Better comfort. Dentures that slip, move around, or refuse to remain in place can cause considerable discomfort when trying to eat and drink. By providing incredible stability and support, a dental implant will help your replacement device stay where it belongs.
- Easier time eating. Dentures that don’t properly fit have a habit of moving around when patients try to eat solid foods, making chewing difficult. With the support provided by dental implants, you’ll have no problems eating while wearing dentures.
- Improved self-esteem. Patients missing teeth can often feel self-conscious about the state of their smiles. With the placement of a dental implant, you can revitalize your smile with the use of replacement options like crowns, dentures, and a dental bridge. Once your smile has been restored, you’ll immediately feel better and more confident in your appearance.
- Better oral health. The placement of a dental implant doesn’t require that our cosmetic dentist in Highlands Ranch reshape or resize teeth that neighbor the hole in your smile, as a tooth-supporting bridge and dental veneers do. Because the nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving your long-term oral health. Individual implants also make it easier to continue practicing quality oral hygiene such as brushing and flossing.
Your Cosmetic Dentist in Highlands Ranch Can Improve Your Smile
Why wait any longer to get the healthier, more attractive smile you’ve been wanting? Contact our office today to schedule your dental implant consultation with Dr. Isaacs and start enjoying the benefits of having a smile you can have confidence in showing.